I hope you've had breakfast.....because today's SPOTLIGHT ON A SPONSOR is going to make you hungry.....or craving something deliciously sweet :) I was super excited when the lovely Coby from The Lemony Cupcake contacted me about being a SPR Blog Sponsor!
The Lemony Cupcake is based in Brisbane, but visiting their website & looking at their photo gallery is a MUST!!! I caught up with Coby Liddell & did my 'sponsor spotlight feature interview':
Tell us a little about your business/job:
* I love my job. No, really. I LOVE my job! I started my business as a hobby about 8 years ago and finally registered my business name in 2007. The Lemony Cupcake became a full-time gig after the birth of my baby boy 18 months ago. Now it is go go go and I wouldn’t change it for the world!
What/Who inspires you?
* I love all things pretty, yet quirky... I love following blogs and getting inspiration from others, but I like to put my own spin on things..... There are some extremely talented people out there – I adore Amy Atlas, Style Me Pretty, Green Wedding Shoes and Jenna Marfori Lang (Eat Drink Pretty). And even after all these years I must confess, I still © Martha.... I have a beautiful friend, Terri (of Terri Hanlon Photography) who is constantly sharing beautiful images and ideas with me. We can often be found in little cafes, antique shops and the like, nattering and exploring like two old women.... J
What do you love most about what you do?
* I am in an industry where I meet beautiful people who allow me to share in their most special celebrations. Creating a cake or a gorgeous dessert table for somebody’s unique event is inspiring in itself.
What has been the highlight so far since starting The Lemony Cupcake?
* Seeing my work in print. There is something about having your work in a glossy magazine and being able to say ‘hey, look at me! I did this!’.....
Explain a 'normal' day in your life:
* No two days are alike, but there is one constant. Every day I make sure there is time with my family. And that old saying that goes around and around on FB... I am a mother, a wife, a nurse etc.... Yep, I am all of those things. Thankfully not all at once, on any one day, or I would be completely exhausted!
Your Favourite Quote/Motto:
* The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. (Dr Seuss). We have this on our wall in our ‘children’s retreat’ (aka – Jack’s reading spot!!!)
What are your goals for 'The Lemony Cupcake' where do you see yourself in 5 years?
* My immediate goals are to continue to grow my business but still retain creative control. I would love to have a pretty little shop (I have my eye on the perfect one...), but right now, I am in a very happy place. I am really enjoying throwing myself into my business this year and loving creating all things miniature and heart shaped!! It is so much fun creating new and exciting sweet treats and seeing everything come together in a dessert table!
Do you blog? If so, why do you blog & what do you blog about?
* Yep. I blog. Not as much as I should. But it is on my list of things to do... I will be sharing a few exciting things very soon, so stay tuned! Oh, and what do I blog ABOUT? Cake & all things sweet ;-)
3 Things you are:
3 Things you aren't:
Anything else you'd like to share with my readers:
Thank you Coby....for the interview, for sponsoring my blog....and for the gorgeous business you provide!!
And more amazing shots of Coby's work: